Thursday, August 2, 2012

Grüß Gott

After an 8 hour train ride I arrived in Vienna. Getting to our apartments wasn't too hard since I only had to take the U-bahn 6 and walk. However I went the long way, since I was not aware of the much shorter route.  After running into two Polish girls and and asking for direction I found my new home for the next month. Later that afternoon, our professor, Kathy took us to beer gardens. So my little group of about five got to hang out with our professor, in the end.

Day two, was the continuation of orientation. The building our classroom is in faces the Opera. After the orientation, we had the day to ourselves. Adri and I went on a adventurous walk around the city. We took pictures of the Cafe Central, the Volksgarten, and the Parliament. We did not really get lost since we had our maps, and thus we found the U-bahn 3 and found our way home.



<-- This is one of the museums in the Museums Quarter. (Which will be my second home due to the unlimited pass that we received).

Each day we receive, in our emails, one German. Today the word is: Kämmen
This means: to comb.
So for example: Ich kämme mein Haare. (I comb my hair).

No comments:

Post a Comment